OK, let's order!
Thank you for considering Utterly Rawsome!
We're on a mission to convert Great Britain to our quality dog food. We only use UK sourced, high welfare meat in our products, free of growth hormones and antibiotics.
Please read all of the blurb below - it's important stuff. Thanks!
*** Please note - we are unable to deliver outside Great Britain (including Northern Ireland, Channel Islands and the EU) due to extended delivery times that carry a real risk that orders will spoil. ***
We currently work on a weekly basis for all online orders. If you order by the cut-off - Sunday @ 23:59, you will receive your order the next week (typically on Friday). If you order after that time, your order will go into the following week's production run.
- Please include a mobile number and an email address, so that our courier (APC Overnight) can advise you of delivery, including tracking info (adding a safe place to leave the delivery, out of the sun and weather, really helps too!). Many of our products are also available to order on no-commitment subscription.
There is no delivery charge for orders over £75! (UK mainland only). Orders under £75, the charge is just £9.00 per order.
- Please ensure you order at least 6kg of frozen food, to avoid the risk of your order defrosting. We insulate using recyclable wool, which is good for up to 48 hours, however you should always place your order into a freezer ASAP after delivery.
- We can't accept responsibility for orders that aren't promptly unpacked into a freezer. It may seem obvious, but please ensure that you will be home to receive your order on the day of delivery (normally on Friday before 4pm), or nominate a safe alternative.
We've had a customer go away before the courier could deliver, and then blamed us for a spoilt delivery....!
How much to order? We recommend you feed your dog 2.5-3% of its target adult weight daily, based on activity levels and age. For example, puppies will need more (sometimes much more!). Please, be guided by your dog; just like humans, they are all individuals.
For example, using an adult Jack Russell terrier, that might have an ideal weight of 7kg fully grown, so you should expect to feed between 175g and 210g of our protein pack contents daily, depending on activity levels. Don't worry about the fact that there is perhaps 100g of meaty bone or 50g of offal in the packs; having a bit more or less bone and offal in one meal will balance out over a week or so. The packs are designed to provide the right dietary mix over a period of time.
Defrosted packs can last 2-3 days in the fridge (keep away from all other stored food - ideally in a separate area or drawer). You also may find that your dog might not take to the offal straight away, if they are used to a dry food previously. Simply remove the offal cubes, while still frozen, and offer later as a treat, or until they get used to the taste. Similarly with the bone content, which is often a poultry neck or wing in our packs, you could also hold this back and offer as a treat away from meal times (but still include it in your overall weight calculation).
Decide what timescale you want to order for. In our Jack's case, a month's worth of food would be:
31 days x 192.5g (average of 175g (2.5%) and 210g (3%)) = 5.9675 kg, which is 6kg, or 12 of our 500g protein packs.
Ideally, use a mix of at least three protein types, so in this example you might order 2 beef, 2 pork, 4 chicken and 4 turkey. Most of our customers orders are for a fortnight or a month's worth of food at a time. The larger the order, the more affordable the delivery costs become (or even free!). A reasonable amount of space in your freezer is a must.
At all times, please ensure that you follow all the raw food handling precautions (detailed on our packaging) to avoid the (rare) risk of infection. Please - always keep raw meat away from cooked meat and vegetables.
- We can't guarantee that even full 16 pack cartons of food won't partially defrost (especially in the summer), despite the insulated packaging, but if it is below +5C when you receive it, it will be quite safe to use. Food leaves us at -17C, but some defrosting is unavoidable.
Here are our current delivery options:
Local delivery (up to 10 miles from our site) - Free for any weight ordered, by Friday 5pm.
Mainland GB - delivery by APC Overnight, packed in insulated packaging (don't forget the 12 protein pack minimum guidance). Once we’ve shipped your order, the courier will then deliver it to you the next day. Please advise us of a "safe place" for the driver, if you won't be in. £9.00 charge under £75.00, free above £75.00.
Highlands & Isle of Wight - there are additional charges for delivery to these areas, dependent on weight. These will be shown when you check out. Once we’ve shipped your order, the courier will then deliver it to you within 48 hours. Please advise us of a "safe place" for the driver, if you won't be in.
- Non-food orders - (treats / supplements / toys / chews) - shipping is by other courier (48-72 hour delivery). Unfortunately, any orders placed for frozen food with this option selected will have a manual invoice for shipping sent to you.